Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bar Levies + Carboneria



Had a great day on Wednesday. My finance class was cancelled and my Business Spanish test went pretty well. After a cold pasta lunch, I managed to nap from 4-730 which ultimately meant I was too late to leave and play soccer. I did figure out there was a Barcelona-Intermilan game on which started around 830 that Micah, Kelly and I watched. Afterwords, at about 1015 we went to Bar Levies. They biked ahead and I met up with Reagan, a friend from CIEE that I haven't seen for about a month, and we walked as she didn't have a bike.

Although the weather is painfully hot during the day, by about 11 PM it drops to about 70-75ish which is perfect for walking through the city. We also met up with Sam, a friend of Kelly's from New York. It was a fun night overall, the flamenco dancer at la carboneria (Mom and Dad maybe you remember her) is keen on shushing everyone during every song. She's also quite the stomper while she dances.

I just had my time at Colegio Claret with the 4-year-olds which was great. Elo was back which was a relief. Isabel, myself and Ana were walking to class (two students) and Isabel, my favorite says "se han casado" to me and Ana. Which means "You two got married" haha it was really funny. They're all so innocent it's fun to hear what they have to say.

Also, all of the trees in the playground are dropping these green seeds, which all the kids started to call guisantes (peas). "Querremos guisantes" they started to chant, which means "We want peas." By the time we made it to class there were no more 'peas' left in the playground and all of the kids had 20-30 in their pockets.

The words they learned today were: sandwich, biscuit, ice cream, and banana cake.

Also, before I leave Seville I will post some reflections, such as: What I miss about USA, what i will miss about Spain, what I won't miss about Spain, what I've learned, how I've changed, best moments, worst moments. If you think of any you want me to do let me know. Thanks!

I attached my favorite meal photo: breaded chicken with mashed potatos.

1 comment:

  1. Austino,
    Good blog. I enjoyed it as always. How come when I come we have muscles with lemon and you have mashed potatoes and chicken when I leave?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete