Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Home Safe from Italy!








Hey all - I made it back!

After trying to get online at McDonald's for some time we decided to head to the airport and were able to find free wifi there.

Why I know what criminals feel like: I am one. But not really. So Ryanair technically only allows certain dimension and certain weight bags for carry-ons, as well as check luggage. However, I know that my bag has NEVER been under 10 kg, as it is supposed to be and usually doesn't fit the dimension requirements. This time, after having virtually emptied our checked baggage to ensure that it's under 15 kgs, my bag was stuffed to the brim. We also saw that the woman was very strict and had you weigh and measure your carry on. Wow - I am not about to pay a 30 euro fee. We had phil and Rob, go watch our bags while Micah and I checked in and we simply told her we didn't have a carry on. It's strange, because ALL Ryanair passengers basically carry on something. Anyways, we then had to get our bags and walk back past her line of vision. We had Phil and Rob block her vision of us as we squeaked by. Not over yet - then she is the same woman checking you in as you prepare to board the plane! We made it through safely but realized how some may feel after commiting horrendous crimes, trying to avoid being noticed and reported. Ha it was interesting.

We made it smoothly back to our apartment and I am lying in my lovely bed as I write this. It was great to see Ana and catch up in her life. With Gustavo in Alicante and us gone for 11 days I'm sure it was very quiet around here...

Currently I have no motivation for school work so I am going to relax and get to bed soon. This weekend should be good because I am not traveling anywhere and will consequently have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get work done.

Photos: The first three are from Cagliari, the last four are from Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment