Friday, April 9, 2010

Technology

I studied a 40-page Spanish text all day and did manage to finish it. I read 26 pages and it literally consumed my entire day. But I finished it. Over the course of the next two days I have to write a 5-8 page paper and prepare a 15 minute presentation using this text and supporting historical evidence. It's about a guy living in a prison post-civil war in Spain during the late 1930s.

Here's technology for you: Today I needed to find out what classes I will be registering for this coming Tuesday. I used Skype under my $6/month plan to call "free" to the U of M academic office at Carlson. My friend Mal was actually the one to answer. I told her exactly what she was looking for, and within a half-hour I received a scanned-PDF document of the sheet I needed with helpful notes from an academic advisor. Today - technology was golden.

Tomorrow I am going to bike towards the center of the city and will try to find a new coffee place. I gotta test out some spots before my parents come ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment