Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tranquilo

This means be tranquil, or calm down, or don't worry about it.

Spaniards have such a healthy lifestyle in many ways. I was at the cafe and an employee was trying to get something behind me so I naturally slid in my chair to get out of the way and be polite. He lightly grabbed my arm and said "Tranquilo".

It's hard to put a finger on it - but Spaniards are just more relaxed and easy going. Yes, this oftentimes leads to crappy service but in everyday situations the result is typically more posiive than a similar scenario in the United States.

I got up at about 10 today, went over to the cafe to grab some coffee and I spent time reading God's Word (I am trying to give Him the firstfruits of my time), then for Managing Cultural Diversity (specifically on intercultural non-verbal communication), and then International Finance (on Interest Rate Parities and Forward Premiums). I had lunch at the apartment and then met with Andree at 5:00 for our Managing Cultural Diversity paper on the American vs. the Spanish Dream. We only spent about 20 minutes discussing that and followed with a couple hours of discussing philosophy and learning more about each other.

The weather here is soooo perfect. We went to meet at Plaza America and then walked into Park Maria Luisa to get work done. Mom and Dad - you'll see all of this. It's gorgeous.

Oh, Mom/Dad - Sevilla bike rental system is not flawless. The first station I went to at 7:30 tonight didn't allow me to remove any bikes. The next station only had one bike which had a backwards seat and broken chain. I eventually found a station with a good bike but still, be prepared parents.

Grandma Savat - I got your letter today! I love receiving mail from you and hearing about how you are doing. I look forward to sitting down with you soon and catching up.

I am going to work on a paper a bit now and then head to bed. Have a good weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment