Monday, March 22, 2010

Final Notes on Morocco

1. As I left the homestay, the mother from the photo actually hugged both Rob and I (we both were in that homestay) for quite a long time. I'm fairly certain she was on the verge of tears. I felt so welcomed in her home.

2. Despite feeling confident that I would continue to get sicker, Morocco healed me. I no longer feel sick for the first time since early February!

3. Looking like Americans: Rob and I left the Hammam (Moroccan bath) at about 10:30 PM to walk about 15 minutes through dark, sketchy areas to get to our homestay carrying our buckets, towels and swimsuits. Boy did we stand out.

4. I got home today, Monday at about 6 PM. I leave on Thursday at about 6 or 7 PM for my 10 day Italy and Slovenia trip. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

5. Question, I sent out three postcards. One to Grandma and Grandma on the farm, one to Grandma Savat, and one to my parents. This was several weeks ago. Has anyone gotten them?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great time and are feeling well. YEA! We have not received your post cards yet. If you think the mom you just had wanted to cry hugging you just wait until the 16th?

    ReplyDelete