Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home Safe from Alicante!







On saturday night after signing off the computer Janet and I wandered around for a whie, killing some time waiting for her friend to call to meet us up for some drinks (she never called). I took a bus back to the hotel about an hour before Janet, and we hit the sack nice and early again. Following a night of 12 hours of rest (8:30 PM to 8:30 AM on Fri-Sat) I slept 10 hours Saturday night. That may be the highlight of my trip - catching up on rest. We went to the airport after having breakfast and checking out in which I had about 3 hours until my flight but Janet had about 9... So after saying our goodbyes I went through security very smoothly and got on the plane.

I sat next to a Spanish man and asked him simply "De donde eres?" Where are you from? For the nexts two hours, both on the plane ride and then on the airport bus that took us into Seville, he conversed. He's a really nice guy that works for Bank of Andalucia, married with a 16 year old son. He works in Seville but lives in Alicante. Whoa. Soon - he'll be moving with his family to Seville. I should have brought up Jesus a bit more but he left the conversation knowing that I'm a Christian and that he's "not religious." I made it home by about 4:30 to check my emails and get online - where I discovered that I got a 6 (out of 10) on my historia contemporanea de espana midterm. Ugh. Some good news, I thought that would be a D, but actually found out its a C+. I did study well for that test - so no nagging please :). I'm likely going to email Alayna, the director of CIEE, who recommended that I take this class... quite frustrating. Anyways, hope you enjoy the photos!

A. The "aquarium". We walked across the city for this. These four windows are it.
B. "Fogueres" - Statues that people make and then burn during a huge festival in some eastern Spanish cities such as Alicante and Valencia. Look closely at this one...
C. All serious shoppers have one of these carts.
D. On some rocks near the shore.
E. A view from the top of Castillo de Santa Barbara
F. I found gold! Well, basically. A Coke manufacturing plant!

1 comment:

  1. I like that the pigeon joined you for the second to last picture - And what is being sold in the market?

    You are lookin' great, Austin!

    ReplyDelete