Thursday, March 4, 2010

Vale la Pena

It's worth it. (Literally - it's worth the pain). This is what my senora said when I brought this up: I have the opportunity to go to this cool all day field trip with my 4 year olds. Literally 9-5 next Thursday.

In about an hour I am leaving to go to a one-hour Spanish cooking class in northern Seville. That should be fun! It's pretty exclusive, each week there are only 7 spots. Phil, Micah and myself are all going.

Yesterday a man from Camaroon (Africa) spoke to us. He has now lived in Spain for 15 years and is doing well. However, he came north to try to realize a dream and was pretty disappointed that things aren't as great as he thought they'd be. He traveled 9,000 kms over the course of 8 years to get here. Wow.

Tomorrow my flight for Barca leaves at 8:30 AM, so we're leaving really early. Yes, I am bringing some things to study :( . I will be back at about 9 AM Sunday after having pulled an all-night Saturday night.

Lastly, Spanish service... ugh. I had to go to the university to give a guy my flashdrive so that he could put it in the computer, print out everything as i wanted it, and then staple it for me. There are two men working for the entire university in the copy center - so yes I waited about 30 minutes in line to print about 25 pages of notes. A bit frustrating. I'll post before leaving!

Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment