Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mallorca Photos










The Monday coming back wasn't too bad. Ryanair is actually pretty smooth - we had a 30 minute delay but really not a big deal.

English T-shirts Note: Spaniards wear clothes and I don't believe they always know the meaning. For example, a woman at the airport had a shirt that said "Destroy and Relax" while another woman had pants that read "Oh my gold!" on the back pocket.

After taking the metro to the bus station, we waited about 2 hours on the front lawn until it was time to leave. The guy I sat next to on the bus spoke some english, and we actually had a 2-hour conversation about politics and other things. Of course, I felt like I was fitting into the clueless-American-that-doesn't-know-anything-about-the-world-or-his-home-country template. What is the capital of California? Truly think about it, because I didn't know. He practiced his English and I practiced my Spanish. Prolly about 70% of the convo was in Spanish. His name was Manuel and he was born and still lives in Seville - I would put him at 45 years old. The bus ride to Madrid round trip is 33 Euros. He said he was visiting his girlfriend and didn't visit often because he just couldn't afford it very often. After that, I caught some rest and made it home by taking a taxi with Phil and two girls we knew.

Ahhh poor Spanish service is becoming more evident to me. The taxi driver took a longer route to rack up the tab. He did it once, and we noticed. The second time, we told him, "No, go this way please." He played dumb. However, I spoke with him and discovered he's been a driver for 35 years. I'm sure he knows the fastest ways around Seville. I also was curious to know if the Metro and SEVici (bike rental) implementations had affected him and he said no, and that he was never concerned about it.

Today, it's raining. This whole week, rain. I went to my tutor this morning but prolly won't make it to Bible study. I have 4 exams next week and don't have this weekend to study (Barcelona).

R. Going home on Ryanair
S. The stairs coming down from the castle
T. The Cathedral in Palma
U. I'm in the Mediterranean (sunset)
V. They caught me.
W. Janet and I on the train to Soller
X. Me at Casablanca having a decaf.
Y. The 5 km beach on the west side of the island
Z. Our view from the hostal (more like a hotel)

No comments:

Post a Comment