Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Untitled

It's been a long day. I couldn't think of a title.

At tutoring today at CIEE, Manueal, a guy that just happens to be in the office with Nuria, my tutor, was very disappointed that I wasn't going to be here for Semana Santa. He explained that religion is just an excuse for an amazing, only-one-like-it-in-the-world party and celebration. Ha. I said okay. What I should have said:

1. I'm going to Italy for 10 days. Why would I ever pass that up?
2. I don't support the over-exaggerated party for Holy week in which much of the population doesn't know what they're truly celebrating, and where Mary is worshipped just as much as Jesus. Ugh.

Spaniards are amazing at parallel parking - have I already said that? Today was a great day for shorts and a t-shirt for biking across the city to and from the tutor session. It was great. I just finished a 6 page paper for Managing Cultural Diversity on Morocco and its religious differences between that and Spain and the US.

We leave for Italy in less than 48 hours. So much to do. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment