Thursday, March 18, 2010

Marruecos Manana!

Morrocco tomorrow! I am heading to Africa. With the CIEE program (including my friends Phil, Micah, Rob and others) we are taking a bus to the Strait of Gibraltar to take a ferry to Morrocco. I believe we will be staying in Rabat for most of the nights, living with a traditional Morroccan family. I have heard great things from the other half of our program that went last weekend. I made sure to avoid hearing as much as possible so that I can go without expectations. Expectations I do have:
1. To get sicker. Apparently its very common to come back a bit sicker than when you arrived, even if you don't drink tap water.
2. Eating LOTS.

So.... Colegio Claret gave me 20 Euros today for the bus. That was awesome. I kind of assumed I wouldn't be paid for transportation but they paid me 20, how nice! Ana and Gustavo don't like that school, because, for example, kids have to pay to go to the private Catholic school, while I have to volunteer. Where does the money go?
The class was fun today - we made our fathers for upcoming father's day in Spain. I love listening to sermons on Thursday morning on my iPod. I usually get to the bus stop by 815 AM because its very unreliable, while not actually starting to volunteer until 9. Mark Driscoll sermons are about an hour or more so I can finish them by the time I am home again. It's great.

I took a nice 3 hours nap and Micah and I nearly finished our 15 page paper due at the end of April. Yeah - we don't wanna do it while traveling. I have a bunch of other papers to eventually write, so getting one nearly done feels really good. Anyways, the second half of Atletico Deportivo from Spain against Lisbon is about to start. Also - GO GOPHERS!! Gophers are the 11 seed for March Madness for those who don't know.

Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment