Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ahhh... Thiago!

I was literally finished with this blog post when Thiago came in and accidently stepped on the power strip, effectively turning off my computer. Ahhhh.... trial #2.

I met my intercambio tonight. Her name is Nuria and she is 19 years old. She is really nice and funny. It was really fun conversing with her in the two languages, as you both appreciate the struggles that the other may be having. Her english is very good, she actually spent 4 months in colorado during high school. It's cool because it's not as if she will say, alright we've been speaking in Spanish for 30 minutes, it's time for English. We converse in both languages simultaneously, as sometimes we are both speaking in one language, or I would be doing Spanish while she responds in English. Now, let's start this story at the beginning:

I was supposed to meet Nuria on campus at 5:00 PM to grab some coffee. Shortly beforehand I found out that Reagan, a friend of mine actually has her as an intercambio as well and was also planning on meeting her at 5. She shows up at 5:30, I found out later because she was watching How I Met Your Mother. She brought with her a friend, Nacho, who came to meet with a third American, Justin. The five of us then drove to a local coffee shop in Seville and talked until 8. Reagan and I walked back along the river and I made it home by about 8:40. No soccer tonight I guess. But I'm glad I was there, it was an awesome experience. It was rainy here tonight so I heard that I really didn't miss any quality soccer because the field was slopppy.

I get very frustrated during my history class that is in Spanish. He speaks very fast and I take TONS of notes, but don't necessarily know what I am writing down all of the time. Anyways, today was a good day. Tomorrow night, technically Friday morning at 1 AM, Micah, Phil and myself leave for Madrid via bus! Tomorrow morning at 9-10 I am spending my first week with the 4-year-olds at Colegio Claret. Woo hoo!

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment