Monday, February 15, 2010

Toledo

Saturday was a great day. We left Madrid on an 11:00 bus where I ran into another MV alum - Allison Hamerly. She said, oh my goodness, you look just like this guy from my high school... Austin... I responded with "That's me"... but she still didn't get that it was ACTUALLY me, so she says, his name was Austin Savat. And again, I said yes, that is me!! Very random.

It was about a 40 minute bus ride and we walked around with Allison and two of her friends for a part of the day. We elected not to go in the cathedral for an additional 7 euros - we're "Cathedral'd out". The city was very beautiful and is full of sword and knife shops. Literally, every shop contains as least some knives or swords. Phil, a friend of mine, bought one.

I was able to meet up with Sauer at about 2:30 in the afternoon, which was a blessing. He's doing well and loving his family, friends and studies in Toledo. We took a closed off trail up to what he calls "Pride Rock" which overlooks the city. That's where we were in the video. On the way back down we took a detour to go all the way to sealevel to follow a small creek into the river that surrounds Toledo. That was a definite highlight of the day. On our way back to the bus at about 5 we stopped to watch the parade that Toledo was having. What a good day to come! They played all American music as the groups danced, which I thought was interesting. Imagine if during the Holidazzle in Minnesota that all of the songs were in Spanish! We then headed back to Madrid and I went to bed nice and early at about 10. I was exhausted (as always).

No comments:

Post a Comment