Monday, February 22, 2010

The Holy Land

To Ty, Aaron, Joel, Mark, Calvin and Matt:

You've all been asking me in private emails. It's okay - don't be ashamed. I found it: where Pau Gasol developed into the Lakers' best player (according to Spanish news). This court is either Holy Ground for Gasol or basketball is losing its popularity. Hope you enjoy!








In other news... Monday classes went well. I'm doing great in three of the classes, Historia Contemopanea de Espana is frustrating but I am developing motivation to do better and understand. Although, I am here to experience culture, learn the language and travel, not fight to bump a B up to an A. I think I'll do well overall, but the workload will start to increase now...

I almost had good Spanish service today. I went to Al Campo with Phil to get some small liquids for traveling, such as toothpaste and contact solution. Upon checking out (3 of 25 lanes were open at the time) I saw a woman getting her last two items scanned and hopped in line! However, she paid with a card, which wouldn't go through, in which the cashier had to then call the manager and wait. Then, luck struck again as another lane was scanning a woman's last few items. I ran in line, but oh, she couldn't scan my two items. It was time for her to close the lane. Finally, returning to the only functioning lane, I had to wait behind a woman that racked up 275 euros of groceries.

Gustavo tried peanut butter for the first time tonight - he seemed to enjoy it. Also, I had a spanish breakthough! We were watching a standup comedy show and I understood a joke that Gustavo didn't so I had to explain it to him!

God continues to allow me to be a magnet for Christ as I am growing closer with a couple Americans. These two I probably wouldn't be close friends with in the states but I feel that God is calling me to develop better relationships with them and show them love.

No comments:

Post a Comment