Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rainy Days...

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains. Is that the saying? Lots of rain here.

I had my first meeting with the tutor today, which went smoothly. I was about ten minutes late, solely because I though it was almost nine when it was almost 9:30 when I was getting ready to leave. Nice Austin. We were able to discuss what I want to learn this semester in terms of grammar but also she really wants to help me with Historia Contemporanea de Espana - so that's a plus.

My cough is gone but now I have a cold. This doesn't seem to end.

I had Bible Study tonight, in which we discussed God's plan for our lives. I am confident that my walk with Jesus will be radically different when I return to the US. As Kevin in Home Alone says "I'm not afraid anymore!" This confidence comes from God, particularly during my quiet time with him, not necessarily the Bible Study, but it all helps. I feel strong in my closer relationship with Him as well as more knowledgeable from the time I've spent in the Word and listening to Mark Driscoll sermons. I pray that this may continue.

I've realized that I've become quite spoiled in terms of homework. I have about an hour of homework tonight of which I have been dreading. Back at home, CSOM had a hold of me - hours of homework a night and I was just used to it. Did I always enjoy it? Certainly no, but I put my time in.

Tonight I am going to watch a futbol game at 9 with Gustavo. It's the European cup, Real Madrid (his favorite team, not to mention they're Spanish) against some French team. I'll be home in less than 100 days - how crazy is that! Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment