Sunday, February 21, 2010

Demasiada Lluvia

Too much rain.

Today was a good day. Micah and I found our niche cafe. About two blocks from the apartment we found a cafe that offers great 1 euro hot chocolate or cafe con leche (coffee with milk) with outdoor seating. Although it doesn't have wifi, it's a great place to do homework. It was the first time I did homework not on my bed this semester. Using a table felt great. The outdoor area is covered so we did some homework while enjoying the sound of falling rain.

I went to a new church today, Encounter on the other side of the city. I was hoping to bike, but of course, it was raining. So Phil and I took the metro. Encounter is really small, there were probably about 50 people in attendence, two-thirds being American. The worship band was all Spanish, playing popular American songs that were translated into Spanish - the band rocked. The sermon came from a man named Dale, a second-generation missionary in Spain. He was American looking, but fluent in Spanish. He talked about his calling to Africa, specifically Morocco. Morocco has a heavy Muslim influence and the government does not allow Christian churches. So, he and his team has put up 10 rehabilitation centers all over the country for kids with down syndrom or other mental diseases. As they help these kids, they also do ministry work with the employees and families. I was really encouraged by his work.

It downpoured on the way back. We ran for ten minutes through the rain, of course getting stared at by all. When the rain stopped, we were near the Catedral and I opted to take a bike home and risk it. Good call. The rain had stopped for good and I enjoyed a nice 20 minute ride through wet Seville. We had chicken fajitas for dinner and had some great conversation.

Today was the third time that Thiago turned off my computer. He always goes right for my power button, regardless of what I say. I turned to talk to Gustavo and he turned it off. Ugh. He's cute, but that part isn't as fun.

Micah and I are in different finance classes but have the same professor so we will be partnering for the final paper. We have decided to write about Brazil and its financial history as a developing country. Andre (my roommate during orientation) also wants to write about the American Dream vs. Spanish Dream so we're going to partner for that paper. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment