Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunday Hike

On Saturday after returning late from Cordoba I went to bed early to prepare for the third weekend departure in a row leaving at 9 AM. The trip was actually available, although it filled quickly, to all CIEE students in Seville, which there are a couple hundred I believe. They only sent one bus on the hike. So about 6 or 7 from my specific program, International Business and Culture went on the hike, including Rob and Micah. The hike was fairly uneventful, although Mariano and Ivan the Terrible were our guides for the second hike in a row. I really enjoy speaking with them in Spanish, fun guys. The hike went through Huelva, southwest of Spain. We looked at some ancient tombs. While Rob was carving a sharp stick, I filled his backpack with rocks and weeds. He didn't notice the additional weight so I told him about a mile later haha.

I slept on the ride back and Micah and I made it home by about 5:30 PM. We then relaxed for a couple hours, had dinner, and I went out to go watch the Superbowl. I was heading to meet with Reagan, ran into Quinn (that is a first name) on the way, and we walked there together. There were about 10 of us there to watch the game at O'Neil's. We left at halftime, I was exhausted. I was cheering for the Colts by the way.

I realized this weekend that I truly am on a 5 month vacation. I had from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday night to do homework. One problem: I didn't have even one tiny assignment to do. Nothing.

Also, our apartment doesn't have a mat for the bathroom, or a towel, or anything. All the floors are tile. Interesting. Class went well today, my history class in Spanish is frustrating and tiring on the mind, but it's what I need - others are a bit lost too. Finance took me back to the fall semester of freshman year today, Econ 101 - too easy. I really enjoy my business spanish class.

I am now going to try to book a flight to Paris for the weekend of May 7th, hopefully it goes through! Photos to come soon :)

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment