Thursday, January 7, 2010

Airport TERMINAL? More like FOREVERAL

James 4:13-15

Hey all,

Soy un estudiante en Espana! All of the flying was exhausting. Yesterday was on eof the longest days of my life. I spent the night at the Heathrow Airport on a green seat accross from the bureau de change for 8 hours. The gentleman next to me was quite nice and read some of my Spain book. He was from England. It was nice having someone to trust while I walked around the airport or went to the toilet. (Yes, toilet, not bathroom). My flight was scheduled for 7:25 London to Madrid, but at 5:30 I had the option to bump up to the 6:20 AM and I took it. I raced through security down to my terminal and on to the plane. They had to de-ice the plane and we didn't actually leave until 7:30. I am very glad (no sarcasm) that I grabbed the earlier flight. Otherwise I probably would have missed my connecting flight Madrid to Seville. Never fly Iberia, the seats are TINY. Although, on my flight to Seville, from Madrid, I had a whole row to myself. This was actually the one time that I wanted to have neighbors, either a Spaniard with which to converse or another CIEE student (there were about 30 on the flight in my program).

Quick note: I met a guy in line that was probably 23 from England that fixes airplanes for a living. He was flying with my London to Madrid, and then he had a connecting flight Madrid to somewhere at the same time as my Seville flight. He was very helpful, an experienced flier, and under the same time crunch as I was. He was also bumped to 6:20 so we rushed through security together. Thanks God.

I will post more in a minute. My battery is dying and I want to be sure that at least this much is posted before I lose it.

Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment