Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Great Weekend

Hey all,

On Friday night Micah, Phil and I went to this place called La Carboneria, kind of a hole-in-the-wall joint bar with live music and/or flamenco. We showed up at about midnight, an hour late, so only caught like 15 minutes of music. Afterwords we spoke with a russian couple for about an hour - in English! We said something to em in Spanish and he responded "English please." We spent an hour or two just wandering the streets due to the great weather.

On Saturday we had the all day hike in Santa Ana, about two hours from Sevilla by bus. We had some fun tour guides, saw some great stuff, and really got to know each other a bit better. About 25 people came on the trip. On the trip I also saw where they filmed the end of Shawshank Redemption and Avatar's Home Tree (see photos). That night I went to bed really early - like 11:30 to get some rest before going to church the following morning.

On Sunday (today) I went to La Catedral with Micah and Caitlin. Again, the cathedral is spectacular. But it irks me how hundreds of pounds of gold were used to paint the extremely large worship area. Literally all four walls are painted gold. Micah had never been to church before - its tough to show Chirstian humility in a place like that. I'm glad I went and Micah and I talked Christianity and spirituality for a couple hours which was awesome. We went to a cafe and sat outside, then walked through a couple nearby parks and museums. I am going to do a little homework this afternoon, maybe nap, definitely relax, and finally get pumped for tonight's Vikings game! There is a bar called Flahrety's that will be showing it. I can't wait!!

Oh, and I need to clean my room.

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment