Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sevilling in the Rain

The rain refuses to quit. Rained all day yesterday, all day today. Projected rain for tonight's futbol game Seville against Barca. I heard that normally these tickets are about 80 Euros, but since its Cope del Rey and not La Liga, its 40. Gustavo gets surgery on a torn ligament tomorrow, so he'll be hanging around the house for a couple weeks which will be cool. I heard that the section that we're in for the game is exceptionally rowdy, so we'll see what happens. Although it'll be rowdy and rainy, I have to bring my camera. We all bought a poncho today for 1.5 Euros.

We toured El Catedral de Sevilla today. It was sick. The third largest in the world. Chistopher Columbus is buried there - even though he has four burial sites. The did DNA tests with his son in the neighboring tomb about 7 years to prove it. We walked up a HUGE ramp to the top of the tower overlooking Seville, which was awesome. The rain took a little away from the experience, but still, sweet. I will post pictures soon. It is a ramp and not stairs so that horses can go up it.

Two stories:
1. Today I was next up to check out of the supermercado for some groceries, when the clerk's cell phone rang. She proceeded to answer it and I was helped 2-3 minutes later.
2. I couldn't get in my building today, this one glass door was locked and so I had to go around. That glass door was locked too. A construction guy was yelling something to me but I didnt understand. So he came over and showed me that there wasn't any glass on the door. I stuck my hand through and opened the door from the other side... ahh embarrassing moment number... 17?

Anyways, time to go dry off and relax before tonight's game!

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment