Monday, January 18, 2010

SKOL

Go Vikings!

I went to a bar called Flahrety's accross the street from La Catedral. It was an American place where I was able to order in English and everyone inside was speaking English. I now dislike the Cowboys more than ever - based on their fans in Spain. After every play, 3 yard gain, 6 yard gain, a Vikings 0 yard gain, was followed by excessive clapping and cheering. It was sickening. Having said that - it was great fun as the Cowboys really had nothing to cheer about after the first quarter.

So far - we've only been mocked once for being Americans. There were three of us (all guys) walking and chatting when these guys overheard us and started a string of Spanish slang directed at us, for literally having done nothing. It's a little sad (for them).

My cough is consistently terrible. I am going to take some medicine tonight that Annabel has. Hopefully that helps. My goal this week is to sleep more (I should probably skype with Ty for counsel). I had class today, came back for a big lunch of pasta with tomato sauce, got into the Word and took a siesta (nap). Tomorrow, Micah moves in. This should be a positive thing.

Well - not much more happening. Oh, plans. As of now - Micah, myself, Phil and Kyle may take a bus this weekend to Granada. It will cost around 30 Euros, and classes don't start next week until Wednesday. Also, CIEE is putting on a trip from 10:00 to 2:00 on Saturday to Carmona. So maybe we will head to Granada after that. I think the bus ride to Granada is about 3.5 hours. We are also looking at traveling to Italy for abuot 9 days during one of our weeks off in April - for about 15 Euros each way!

Anyways, buenas noches!
Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment