Friday, January 15, 2010

Over The Hill (in no relation to age)

I think that after doing so well the first couple days, I wasn't prepared to hit a "what the heck am I doing here?" slump - because I thought I had surpassed that already... meh it's here. However, I was listening to Mark Driscoll, a pastor at Mars Hill Church speaking about the heart. How the heart is the root of all problems - such as "what is at the heart of this issue?" If there is a contamination in the river, you go upstream to the source to fix the problem. People may have various struggles, such as lust, greed, etc., but a contaminated heart is the source of all of these sinful issues. I need to make my heart the one and only issue while I am here in Sevilla. I pray that I return with a heart fully-seeking God and His Kingdom. I wrote out a New Testament reading schedule today. If I read two chapters every day while I am here and stay diligent in the Word, I can read Matthew, John, and Acts through Revelations. Only Luke and Mark will be left for the United States. I also plan to be sprinkling in some Driscoll sermons when time permits me to.

I am very excited about God's plan for my development and where this semester will take me (literally and figuratively). I am now going to a live music bar and will try to return early to sleep for tomorrow's all day hike. Hasta pronto!

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment