Thursday, January 7, 2010

When in Rome, do as the Romans do

Hey.

The two girls from the U were waiting for the Seville flight and I chatted with them. Meagan lost her bag :( along with about 5 other CIEE students. Thanks again God. We arrived in Seville, most of us picked up our baggage, and headed through to meet the CIEE staff waiting for us.

Quick Note: Customs in London basically interrogated me about my trip before stamping my passport. Here is the convo between Spanish "customs" and myself:
Him: "Holidays?"
Me "Studying"
Him: "Okay"

There was a bus waiting for us in Seville outside the airport. I also realized that I packed lighter than 95% of the students. The bus ride was about 30 minutes to our hotel, Hotel Becquer, a great place. The ride presented rural Spain, with farms, cows, sheep, horses and many dogs. Trash was everywhere. A very brown, dirty river flowed next to the road from recent flooding. The hotel is fantastic and I feel as though I've made many friends. My Spanish has been more useful than I thought, as I've had the confidence to speak with hotel staff as well as settle the bill at the bar we visited. After getting to the hotel, I took a two hour nap in which Andre, my roommate, and myself overslept for the first meeting by 15 minutes. He's from LA, going to school in N.O., and is a great guy. He's been to places all over the world. At the end of the night we went to a local bar where I was the lone water drinker, but everyone is very chill and we had some good laughs all the same. It was a bit awkward, because the bartender forgot to bring my water (sin gas) so the whole table had to wait for me to get my water before doing a toast. It's time for bed.

Aust

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great updates on your trip and experiences. I love the interesting observations and snippets of what's happening. Keep building your Endurance!
    --Mark

    ReplyDelete