Monday, January 25, 2010

Grand Granada II

Read the post below this one first!

Alright, part 2.

Sunday (today): Rob and I got up earlier than the rest and headed for Alhambra at about 8:30 AM. We simply wanted more time to explore the area as long as we paid what we paid to get here. On the way up, a man asked us if we were going to Alhambra and showed us the way. He seemed quite nice and showed us a sign map of Alhambra. Then he quickly opened the box he was carrying and started shining Rob's sneakers before we had a chance to say no. His two minutes of work apparently cost 5 Euros per shoe, we gave him about 5 and kept going. Lesson learned.

Alhambra was absolutely beautiful. You get great views of the city and gardins. See photos to come. I think the views were a bit spoiled from the night before's great views.

Some then returned to the city to try to go La Catedral that Kyle, Reagan, Allison and myself saw the day before. Us four made the hike, a very long, upward hike to La Cartuja - a monastary that my traveling book correctly stated is a good palce to visit. From the outside it appears small but once you enter the rooms it is astounding. However, they don't allow photos inside - lame! Reagan snuck in a few of the courtyard - this is my own reminder to get them! We then made it back to the bus stop. My legs are soooo sore. I spent the last hike trying to determine what part of my legs ached the most. I eventually determined that it was my left calf. I finished Shawshank Redemption and slept the rest of the way - just in time for burritos from mi senora! Goodnight all!

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment