Friday, January 22, 2010

Let the Traveling... Continue

My last post before the Granada trip. I hope you all enjoy the posts - if I write a bit too much or discuss irrelevant things - it's because this blog is as much for me to look back on as it is for you to read, enjoy, and follow my journey. :)

Today I had my last 4-hour class which finished with a 1.5 hour final. Woo hoo! I'm done with the intensive session. I just hope that I can continue developing my Spanish, as I will now only have about 3 hours of spanish class a week for the remainder of the semester. My spanish is actually quite good, RELATIVE to the other students in the program - which has surprised me.

Mom met my senora yesterday - I translated the conversation and that was quite fun. My senora kept saying "Que guapa!" which is "How pretty." Anne met two-year-old Thiago - I think she enjoyed that. Oh - these were both via Skype.

So tonight I am going to some gathering on the roof of Hotel EME, which is right next to the Catedral. Then, we are returning to La Carboneria to hear/see some live Flamenco and will hopefully show up on time this time around. Then later, I will pack for the weekend (and will be sure to include my Vikes hat!)

So from 10-2 on Saturday we do a trip to Carmona. We are taking a bus ride at 4:00 to Granada which takes 3.5 hours (I will definitely be listening to some Mark Driscoll sermons). We leave Granada on a 12:00 PM bus on Monday but we may try to take a later bus... School starts Wednesday. Orientation for full-semester classes is the night before. Well, that's all I got. I know that you all live and die by my posts each day, but you won't be getting one until Monday. Deal with it.

Oh and I just had my first game of FIFA on PS2 against Gustavo and lost 4-0. I took one shot all game which was not even on target.

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment