Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reales Alcázares (Royal Palace)








Hey followers,

Today, I went to Reales Alcazares to see where the Royal Family and other important people would eat, sleep and spend their time (and still do). About three weeks a year some people are staying in the area. However, I have limited photos because my camera was low on battery so I took photos sparingly until it died halfway through the tour... :(

Two embarrassing stories:
1: Last night, I wanted to take some cough syrup after dinner. However, Thiago needed some too and after the fact I learned that he takes medicine from a different bottle. She brought his over to me, with an empty spoon in the other hand, and asked me to read the bottle because she can't read small print. However, I didn't understand, the spoon was literally right next to my face, and I attempted to eat off of the empty spoon because I thought she was like serving me the medicine. Anabel had a great laugh about that.

2. My cough has been so bad - that yesterday Gustavo told me that Ana was complaining about the "dog" on the floor below because of its barking. No, it was me in my bedroom coughing.

U. I saw Jack Sheppard running through these trees...
V. No comment
W. The pic is really cool - the pillar one. The moors, when building this, put lead between the pillar and the weight above it. By doing this, if there is an earthquake or something, the pillar would merely shift and not crumble. WOW. You can tell it has shifted quite a bit.
x. The main area for Reales Alcazares.
Y. OUR room now, with two beds.
Z. Me heading to the Vikes game, sporting my hat from Anne!

The pictures are posted in reverse order, so I'm going with the alphabet system.
Also, staying diligent in the WORD is going really well. Two chapters a day is great, if I have my priorities in the right order. I am sure to work on this before devoting any time to the computer.

Austino

No comments:

Post a Comment